This blog is a place to process truth and reality in the world as I experience it. In particular, I plan to focus on the construction and communication of identities, musing that has become a core part of my own identity. While musing, I often am amused, but in no way mean to be trite with the identities of others. This discussion should not be read as a proposal of absolutes; we see and know in part, here in the Shadowlands.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Bus on Babs

When the clocks reads 6:41 in the kitchen and 6:44 in the bedroom, I know it's time to bust out the back door and walk the 2 blocks to the bus stop on Babs Avenue. On the way, I get to experience a cornucopia of animals - a veritable zoo! As I walk down the back path, there's a dozen chickens, a couple goats, and one very large turkey on the other side of the wire fence. Across the street there are 3 albino rabbits that are often hopping around the yard. A peacock often cries "Help! Help!" (as only a peacock can), but I'm not sure where it lives. Perhaps that's why it's crying, too. Around the corner to the left, three horses are lying down or staring me down. On the right, a few cattle graze while a Great Pyrenees family plays all around them. The size isn't what differentiates the two - it's the color and the energy! The Pyrenees used to have some adorable puppies...but they disappeared this week and must have found new homes. The four older Pyrenees looked a little sad today and I wanted to give them pats on the head, but instead obeyed the posted sign: "Do not pet the dogs".

My husband and our dog sometimes walk and wait with me to get on the 170. While I'm driving away, I get to watch their backs as they mosey toward the house. I love it when my husband walks me to the bus on Babs. If you get the chance to walk someone you love to the bus station, I recommend you do it even if you don't have to. You may not see and hear a zoo, but I bet there are other little things to appreciate together. And some little things feel much bigger than you'd ever think they would, especially when shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment